Tuesday, September 22, 2009

His Change Has Come

Today is certainly one for the ages. My Father-in-Law, Rev. Dr. Samuel Varner, passed into the ancestral realm today. There are so many things about him that I will miss. This is the most pivotal year in my life. On July 20th, my Mother, Gloria B. Stanton, died quickly and unexpectedly after having signed my Father-in-Law's will and then visiting on the very day of her death. He took the long hard road and suffered for 2 years. These 2 Superheros, have so much in common and leave a void that only God knows how we will fill. See both of them were born to poor families and had to be adults way too fast. Both knew at early ages that they had to get out of the towns they were born in to flourish. Both believed deeply in God. Both would give you the shirts off their backs, take you in and encourage you no matter who you were. My Mother was a Mother to the World and Sam Varner was a Father to the World. We have been left without our 2 pillars of strength. The Grand Matriarch and the Grand Patriarch, who were indeed friends, are no longer with us. We thank God for them and all that they gave. We ask God to give us the strength to walk taller because of them. I cannot explain the depth of my anguish and I know that my husband cannot explain the depth of his... but I do know that we will go on in a spirit of Love, Hope and at some juncture, Joy. I pray Peace for my Mother-in-Law. Sam Varner....Rest in Heavenly Peace
--- Yetu

2 comments:

SilkOne said...

I wish I had words to share the depth of my sadness, compassion and empathy.

I have not words...

Sherrice

Unknown said...

I am still in shock.
its crazy because oftentimes we take people for granted. We shun their offers expecting them to always be there.

They will surely be missed. All of the stories I have of both of them are wonderful and demonstrate their selflessness. Both are examples of what we should all aspire to be.

If we can be a little like them, just a little, this world would be a better place.