Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Hand in Hand

Today marks the 1 year anniversary of the passing of my Father-in-Law, Rev. Dr. Samuel Varner. He was such a moving force. I was reading today and found out that he actually departed on the 147th anniversary of the Emancipation Proclamation. He would have chuckled. He was always such a freedom fighter. It seems that my husband and I had the same thought. "He got his Freedom."

Whats touching for me is that Seko and I had the same thought. We both lost our parents last year and in such a short time frame. I said to God- "You must have a reason. You have to have some reason for putting us both is the same emotional place at the same time."

A year later I am so grateful. We are more in sync now that we have ever been. With all that happened at that time and since, we have actually grown closer. We have grown in our relationship and the Love we felt when we married 13 yrs ago is blossoming all the more. Strange how losing the two people to whom we were so close, drew us closer to each other.

Today I cried for the void left by My Father-in-Law. I cried because of the pain I know my husband feels. I cried for the void of My Mother. I cried because I'm finally back in a Happy Place in my Life as Seko and I take this journey Hand in Hand.

No comments: