Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Back to Cool Libations

Today the ninos' returned to their government school (Shouts to Neal Bortz). While it's joyous, its also a day of loss for me. I started this blog to allow my ninos' to share parts of their lives in a manner that their grandmothers could easily access and proudly share with others. On (Roman calendar) June 20th, 2009 one of their grandmothers, Gloria Stanton, became a beloved ancestor. As some of my more Churchy folks might say, I won't be able to share these moments with her in the 'natural'. As I exited the house today to check the weather I noted the ever-so-slight drizzle and connected that light rain with the pouring of libation....... In worship of the Almighty, in worship of our Savior, in remembrance of my Mother-In-Law...... As the kiddies left the bus-stop eagerly dancing in their seats with jubilance towards a new school year the rain slowly intensified. "Fresh water keeps me well, fresh water opens the way, fresh water is my sustainer, fresh water comes from above. Thank you Almighty for fresh water in the form of Gloria." As I walked into the house fighting the mosquitoes I became uplifted as I thought to myself how 'Cool' it was for my kids to have so much joy in anticipation of school. Gloria would have laughed and smiled (in the natural) at the coolness of her grandchildren. I'm sure she's laughing, smiling, and worshiping in the 'spiritual'. Gloria, enjoy those heavenly cooling waters from the Living well. You are well kept and well missed.

Seko VArner

No comments: