Sunday, September 27, 2009

Heavy Load, Empty Wagon

As I sit here this Sunday Morning, I mourn two people who have greatly impacted my life. This is a day they both loved.... Sunday. Each had their own pattern, ritual of preparing, but both loved to go to church. Both loved to just be in The Presence. How do you grief one without thinking of the other? That I don't know. It was my Mother who helped me when Poppie became ill and he who consoled me when she passed. This next year I expect to be an emotional test that I'm not sure how I will pass but know that I will. Next weekend is what would have been my Mother's 63rd birthday and she will not be here to celebrate it... and he will not be here to console me. Two weeks later will be what would have been his 72nd birthday and he will not be here to celebrate it ...nor she to console me. I'm sure that God has a reason for why my life is in this state but I just don't know why. I pray the outcome will be magnificent. On Friday, my Mother-in-law stopped breathing. My husband administered CPR. God must have known that burden who have been more than I could bare. Right now the wagon is empty...but the load is heavy. Two fewer passengers...by a very heavy heart.
Rhonda V.

No comments: